Synthetic Biology Scientist
BioLoomics is an emerging startup biotech company on a mission to tackle disease with smart protein drugs. Our VariVolve(TM) platform is an activity-based protein drug discovery pipeline enabling creation of the first biosensing biologics for improved target specificity. The platform bridges synthetic biology, high-throughput microscopy, and machine learning. We are building a strong team of scientists and engineers to lead projects, further develop our core technology, and drive a positive working environment. BioLoomics provides competitive compensation, health benefits, and stock option incentives.
The Synthetic Biology Scientist will be responsible for designing and cloning gene variant libraries in DNA and expressing those variants in human cell lines. The ideal candidate will provide deep technical knowledge and expertise in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture. In this role, you will lead innovative projects and collaborate with a dedicated team of expert scientists and engineers. The position is full-time in our Boulder, CO office, and has the potential for growth towards leading a team in a drug development pipeline.
- Key member of cross-disciplinary project teams developing mutant libraries of synthetic gene encoding plasmids ranging in size from 10^6 to 10^9 unique variants.
- Support technology development to expand our proprietary cloning and library production techniques.
- Culture human cell lines, perform DNA transfections & lentiviral preparation.
- Design microscopy experiments, analyze data, and generate presentation content.
- As a critical early hire, help shape the science and company culture of an exciting young organization.
- PhD in molecular biology or a related field, and 3+ years additional research experience.
- Advanced expertise in PCR, ligation cloning, DNA assembly, & RT-PCR.
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture including stable transgenic cell line construction.
- Experience with high-throughput fluorescence microscopy is a plus.
- Diversity library design, construction, and screening is a plus.
- Experience with NGS and/or laboratory automation is a plus.
- Python Programming experience is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and leadership skills are required.
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for your skills and experience, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.